MAT Student Information
The Masters of Arts in Teaching is Colorado College's only graduate program.
Please review Frequently Asked Questions to help answer your questions about the program. MAT Programs Costs 2013-2014 shows the costs. This will give you an overview of the structure of your expenses.
If you are a current MAT student who will be completing the program this summer, information about your expected tuition and expenses will be available soon. The Loan Process is also included if you intend to apply for a loan to finish the program. (Incoming students will complete the program the following Summer in 2013).
If you intend to apply for federal loans, you must first file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov Colorado College will receive this information electronically and will be able to determine your eligibility for federal loans. Federal Direct Loans Basic Information will provide an overview of the Direct Loan program for Federal Direct Stafford and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans. if you would like to consider borrowing to help finance your education for the MAT Program, more specific information is provided below about the application process for each loan.
If you have questions after filing the FAFSA and reviewing this information, you can call the financial aid office at 1-800-260-6458 or 719/389-6651.
- MAT Frequently Asked Questions- general information about financial assistance, loans and student accounts
- MAT Program Costs for 2013-2014
- Federal Direct Loan Basic Information- an overview of the Direct Loan program
The following loans may be considered when making decisions about financing the MAT Program.
Federal Direct Stafford Loans
- Stafford Loan Basics
- Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- Stafford Loan Exit Counseling
Federal Perkins Loans
Additional Forms and Information
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- James M. Swanson, Director of Financial Aid
- Elaine Redwine, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Gaye L. Scheafer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Kathy Gonzalez, Financial Aid Counselor
- Lucie Holloway, Communication & Student Employment Coordinator
- Libby Fletcher, Financial Aid Coordinator
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm