FINANCIAL AID POLICIES HANDBOOK 2014-2015
A student or parent with a concern about a financial aid award should confer with the director, associate director, or assistant director of financial aid to resolve the matter. The student or parent may discuss guidelines to revise a financial aid award or to make an appeal. The financial aid office does not negotiate awards but instead reviews information that fits within our awarding methodology. We do not change or negotiate awards based on comparisons with other colleges. The Appeal for Consideration of Special Circumstances form is available to explain the appeal process to current students. This form should be submitted with detailed information and a rationale that will support the family’s request. Significant changes in the family’s income or assets are appealable items. Unresolved matters may be appealed to the Committee on Financial Aid Appeals. The decision of the committee is final.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- James M. Swanson, Director of Financial Aid
- Elaine Redwine, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Gaye L. Scheafer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Kathy Gonzalez, Financial Aid Counselor
- Lucie Holloway, Communication & Student Employment Coordinator
- Libby Fletcher, Financial Aid Coordinator
- Colleen Smith, Financial Aid Specialist
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
Spencer Center, 1st Floor 14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm