FINANCIAL AID POLICIES HANDBOOK 2014-2015
Table of Contents
- What do you need to know about college costs, financial aid need analysis, and financial aid packages?
- Financial Aid Office Mission Statement
- Calculation of Financial Aid Eligibility
- Determining Your Financial Aid Eligibility
- Financial Aid Eligibility — Satisfactory Academic Progress
- What is in a financial aid package?
- Colorado College Grants and Scholarships
- Federal and State Programs
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Colorado Student Grants (CSG)
- Supplemental Leveraging Educational Assistance
- Partnership Program (CLEAP and SLEAP)
- Federal and State Work-Study and Student Employment
- Federal Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)
- Applying for the Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Parent Loans, Alternative Financing, Payment Plans
- Federal PLUS Loan
- Outside Scholarships, Alternative Financing, and Payment Plans
- Outside Scholarships
- National Merit Scholarships®
- Payment Plan Options
- Personal Loan
- Student Employment
- How can I afford to study abroad?
- What more should I know about financial aid policies?
- Changes in Financial Aid Awards
- Renewal of Financial Aid
- Release of Financial Aid Records and Information
- Verification Required
- Financial Aid Refunds and Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Guide to Responsible Borrowing
- Financial Aid Disbursement
- Are there federal tax issues related to financial aid and college affordability?
- Student Loan Interest Deduction
- Taxability of Scholarships and Grants
- Federal Tax Credits (HOPE Scholarship and Lifetime Learning) and Tuition and Fees Deduction
- Where can I find the Federal Student Right to Know Information about Colorado College?
- Who can I contact if I need help or more information?
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- James M. Swanson, Director of Financial Aid
- Elaine Redwine, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Gaye L. Scheafer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Kathy Gonzalez, Financial Aid Counselor
- Lucie Holloway, Communication & Student Employment Coordinator
- Libby Fletcher, Financial Aid Coordinator
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm