Think Colorado College might be the place for you? Flip through your college viewbook, read the Block Features blog, surf the Web, pull our brochure out of the pile, or visit, and see for yourself how Colorado College can help you . . .
Colorado College is one of the few colleges in the nation to operate on the Block Plan, which allows students to take one class at a time. At CC, you are unique. With a student body of about 2,040 and an average class size of 16, CC students have a remarkable range of resources and opportunities at their disposal, all of which are catered to individual passions and strengths.
Though perhaps not in the conventional sense - only the hippest among us sport suspenders and taped glasses - CC students are nerds at heart. Be it math, music, or Russian, together we span a rich profusion of academic and creative niches. CC offers more than 80 majors, minors, and specialized programs, all of which allow students a personalized opportunity to indulge that "nerd" within.
…be the future.
CC students and alumni have gone on to win Nobel Prizes, work for NASA, become poet laureates, direct Hollywood films, and be elected into public office. Due in large part to its size, CC offers students the chance to build important relationships and develop extraordinary networking connections. Students are typically on a first-name basis with professors, and CC's Career Center offers advising programs for students interested in pre-med, pre-law, and pre-engineering.
Benefits of the Block Plan:
- Complete immersion in one subject
- No predetermined length for class discussions
- Flexibility in scheduling class times and locations
- Extended field trips and on-site learning
- More hands-on, experiential learning
- Creative research and extended field work opportunities
- Visiting professors and guest lecturers are easier to schedule
- No cramming for four or five midterms or finals
- Block breaks between each block, for relaxing and rejuvenating